September 8, 2012

My Thoughts...Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen

Hi again! I wanted to share my thoughts on the Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen. I have three of the available twelve shades. Read on for my review!




Packaging: It is a sleek, gunmetal lipstick tube with a silver logo and "T" on the top of the cap. There are two rows of embellishments that appear to be rhinestones but are actually etched designs. If I had space for a vanity, I would definitely display this product instead of hiding it away in a drawer. It has a nice weight making it feel quite luxurious. 



Product: The lip sheen is super creamy and light weight. It applies smoothly to the lips and is fairly pigmented with a slight shine. It is like a hybrid between a lipstick and a gloss. I have not come across another product like this and I am a lip product junkie! There are twelve shades ranging from hot pink to neutral to berry. You get .12 oz/3.5g of product.

L to R: Pink Elephant, Cameo, Showroom

Performance: Since this is a hydrating product, if you have drier lips, I would highly recommend pairing this with a lip liner. I have been battling with chapped, dry lips on and off since February and found that the lip sheen will migrate to the drier areas of the lips/mouth. I recommend the Mary Kay lip liner in clear. (Available here: Mary Kay lip liner in clear)

It is fairly long lasting and requires average reapplication throughout the day depending on personal preference. I would estimate every four to six hours and more often if you are eating or drinking. This is comparable to most lipsticks and slightly more long lasting than a gloss alone.

Price: This is a higher end product and with higher end, comes a bigger price tag. It is a pricey lip product at $22 but it is well worth the money. In my opinion, if you are looking to treat yourself or someone else to a beauty splurge, this is a fabulous choice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment