August 12, 2012

Dupe Alert: UD's Verve

By far my favorite shadow from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette is Verve (4th from the right). It is a beautiful, shimmery light taupe shade. I use it for a variety of different looks from work appropriate day looks to going out/evening looks. I used it the other day and saw a noticeable dip in the shadow but I have no worries about hitting pan on this shadow. I have found a fabulous, affordable dupe for Verve.





Mary Kay recently released six brand new mineral eye colors. I, of course, immediately placed an order for four of the six shades in Sterling, Gold Coast, Truffle and Polished Stone. Check out the new colors here! When I received Polished Stone, I noticed it looked quite similar to UD's Verve and was excited to put them up against each other.




So I swatched Verve and Polished Stone together to compare them. I think Mary Kay's Polished Stone is a very close dupe! What do you think?


Verve (L), Polished Stone (R) without primer
Verve (L), Polished Stone (R) over e.l.f. Eyelid Primer

When I hit pan on Verve in the Naked 2, I am so happy that there is an affordable dupe of one of my favorite shadows. Polished Stone retails for $6.50 for 0.05 oz. and Urban Decay's Verve single eyeshadow retails for $18.00 for 0.05oz. Who doesn't like saving some money?!

No comments:

Post a Comment