November 29, 2012

My Thoughts…Khroma Beauty: Khloe’s Kardazzle Complete Face Palette

Hi again! What are your thoughts on the Kardashians? I find that people either love them or hate them. I personally love them and when I heard they were releasing a makeup line, I couldn't wait to try out some of their products! Here are my thoughts on Khloe's Kardazzle Complete Face Palette.


Packaging: The palette is a gold plastic with a snakeskin graphic on the top. It is about the size of a credit card. The eyeshadows are housed in the top portion with a mirror and the face products are located in the bottom portion which slides out. In my opinion, the packaging is very similar to the Too Faced Glamour to Go Palettes but definitely more basic and cheap.

Kardazzle Palette (L), Too Faced Glamour to Go Palette (R)
Price: I purchased Khloe's Kardazzle Complete Face Palette at my local Face Values (Harmon) store for $12.99. Plus an additional discount, thanks to a coupon. Woohoo for coupons! It also retails for $12.99 at Ulta and for $13 at Sears.

Product: The palette includes eight eyeshadows, a blush, highlighter and bronzer. There are four matte shadows and four shimmer shadows. The matte shadows range from a nude to a chocolate brown and the shimmer shadows from a gold to a deep bronze.

Top Row: Matte, Bottom Row: Shimmer
Swatches over primer-Top: Shimmer, Bottom: Matte (L), Swatches w/o primer-Top: Matte, Bottom: Shimmer (R)

The blush is a peachy pink and the highlighter is a gorgeous shimmery golden shade. The bronzer is a light toasted, almost terracotta shade. It has a slight orangey tone. The highlighter is definitely the standout product, in my opinion.

Blush (L), Highlighter (C), Bronzer (R)
Swatches-Blush (L), Highlighter (C), Bronzer (R)

Performance: Oh where to begin? The matte shadows look amazing in the pan but when applied, either over primer or not, they are so sheer. The nude shade can be used for blending but other than that, very disappointing. The shimmer shadows are more pigmented than the mattes but I find the formula to be a little difficult to work with in terms of blending.  The staying power is average. They last throughout my workday if applied over a primer. I prefer Wet N Wild shadows to these in formula, overall wear and pricepoint.

The blush is a basic color that I think would look pretty on lighter to medium skin tones. It’s nothing special. Nothing to write home about. The highlighter is really pretty. Out of all the products included in this compact, I have used the highlighter the most. It gives a beautiful glow and subtle shimmer. The bronzer is a tricky color with its slight orange undertones. I prefer a more bronze/gold bronzer. So I really have not reached for this product much. Similar to the shadows, the face products all apply on the sheer side but can be built up if layered multiple times or if applied with a heavier hand. These products also have an average staying power.



Will you be picking up Khloe's Kardazzle palette?


No comments:

Post a Comment