June 22, 2013

e.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation

e.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation in Beige, Buff
Yes, I know, I did it again!  I purchased another foundation.  I had heard some buzz about the e.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation and kept checking my local Target, hoping and praying they would get it in stock.  There are some e.l.f. products that I really like but I find the shipping rate to be less than desirable when ordering online.  Luckily, I received an email from e.l.f. for free shipping on a purchase of $15.  I jumped on the chance to scoop up this foundation.


The e.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation contains Salicylic Acid (0.5%), Witch Hazel, Camphor, Tea Tree, and Aloe.  The packaging is basic-just a plastic squeeze bottle with a black plastic cap.  It reminds me of a less expensive version of MUFE Mat Velvet + foundation.  It retails for $6 (1.0 fl oz) and comes in six shades.  The swatches on the website are a little tricky to go by so I ended up buying two shades, Beige and Buff.  Buff is a little too light and Beige is a little too dark.  By mixing them together, I get a wearable shade.

Buff, Beige
Swatches: Buff, Beige 

The consistency is in between a liquid and a mousse foundation.  In my opinion, the coverage is medium and the staying power is minimal.  I set this foundation with a powder and after 3-4 hours, I noticed my face looked oily.  As far as the acne fighting claims, I did not notice a difference in my skin at all.  I don't have very acne prone skin but do experience the occasional breakout.  I was hoping the acne fighting ingredients would also combat oily skin which I do have.

I am not in love with this particular foundation but if you are looking for an affordable foundation for the summer, this would be an ok choice.  The price is reasonable and the packaging is ideal for traveling or taking on the go.  I would highly recommend setting this with a pressed powder and bringing that powder along with you for touch-ups throughout the day (if you have oily skin).  Have you tried the e.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation?









*Products featured in this post were purchased with my own money.  As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment