May 7, 2013

Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara

I have been venturing into "mascara land" more due to the cost of my favorite mascara (They're Real by Benefit) and the launch of several new drugstore mascaras.  I am on a quest to find affordable alternatives for my favorite higher end products and I love trying new drugstore products! 

So I gave into the hype and picked up a tube of Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express mascara in Very Black.  I was excited to try this because I have heard many great reviews and lots of people really like it.  Plus the price point is great.  The Rocket mascara (what a name?!) retails for about $6.





The wand is compromised of tiny spikey plastic bristles, very similar to They're Real and Stroke of Midnight (Khroma Beauty).  It is tapered with smaller bristles towards the point and longer ones towards the base.  I find this makes application difficult because it doesn't allow for getting super close to the lash line (which is my preferred method of application).  


Khroma Beauty Stroke of Midnight
Benefit They're Real
The Rocket mascara is a fantastic affordable alternative for gals out there blessed with long lashes and lots of them!  For now, I am going to stick with my tried and true mascaras (while still trying some new ones, of course!) and possibly try some mascara combinations to see if I can get this formula to work any better for me.

Update: I tried pairing this mascara with others to achieve the look I prefer but my attempts were unsuccessful.  I decided to just toss this mascara and move on to the next one.







*All products featured were purchased with my own money unless otherwise stated. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment