May 9, 2013

Clinique Superbalanced Makeup

Back again with yet another foundation!  I have more foundations than I will ever be able to wear in a lifetime but they're one of my favorite products to try out.  In my quest to find the absolute perfect foundation, I purchased Clinique Superbalanced Makeup in Cream Chamois (04) during the recent Sephora VIB sale.


This foundation claims to be a "smart makeup base" that "absorbs oil where oil-control is needed; moisturizes where hydration is needed."  It is recommended for dry combination to combination oily skin types.  I have been dealing with dry patches on my usual oily skin which poses a bit of an issue when reaching for a foundation.  Its claims were definitely intriguing.

There are seventeen shades available on Sephora.com.  The swatches provided are tricky and the bottle is frosted, making it difficult to see the true color of the product.  There are not a lot of swatches online either.  I took a chance and selected Cream Chamois which is a tad light with pinker undertones but after it sets on my skin, it works.  It's not perfect but it works.  


Cream Chamois (04)
I have been using this foundation (off and on) for a little less than a month.  It is not my favorite but it does moisturize dry areas and provides moderate oil absorption.  As always, I set this with a powder.  I find that the foundation collects around the corners of my nose as the day progresses.  I just blot the excess product away.  Have you tried Clinique Superbalanced Makeup?






*All products featured were purchased with my own money unless otherwise stated. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my very own.





No comments:

Post a Comment