April 8, 2013

IMATS NY 2013

For Valentine's Day this year, my hubby purchased tickets to IMATS for Saturday, April 6th.  From that moment, I have been eagerly awaiting the day and saving money for an IMATS haul.  I wanted to share with you some pictures and a little bit about my first IMATS experience.


Outside Pier 94



We arrived a little later than I was hoping but we made the not so smart decision of going out the night before.  We waited about half an hour to get in and receive a wristband.  The first booth I saw was Jesse's Girl Cosmetics and we waited about forty-five minutes to an hour to meet Julie G (aka JulieG713).  I was so nervous! She is so sweet and seems really down to earth!  And how gorgeous is she?! 


Julie G
I also was so excited to meet Emily (aka emilynoel83).  I watch her videos religiously and when she mentioned she would be at IMATS NY, I was keeping my fingers crossed that I would get to meet her.  Not only was I lucky enough to meet Emily, I also met her extremely tall hubby, Tyler.  They are some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of talking with.  Meeting them both was one of the top highlights of my whole IMATS experience.


Tyler & Emily
Emily recently uploaded her IMATS New York Makeup Haul video on her YouTube channel.  I left a comment sharing how exciting it was to meet both her and Tyler and she responded! 


I also met Melissa (aka MelissaParada) of the Honeybee Philosophy on YouTube.

Melissa
It was so crowded and the lines at the booths were pretty insane.  I did a lot less shopping than I had planned on.  I purchased a few brushes (foundation, eye & lip) from the Royal & Langnickel booth and three nail polishes from the Julie G line from the Jesse's Girl Cosmetics booth.


My IMATS purchases
IMATS NY was an unbelievable experience!  It was so exciting to meet some of the beauty gurus I watch on a regular basis, who I look to for advice and inspiration and who I look up to and admire.  It was amazing to see how many beauty and makeup enthusiasts were in attendance.  I hope to be able to attend IMATS NY again in the near future.  Thank you to my hubby for the best Valentine's Day gift!





No comments:

Post a Comment