December 28, 2011

bareMinerals Pretty Amazing Lipcolor

A few weeks ago, I was forwarded a "Friends and Family" discount coupon and decided to stop in my local Bare Escentuals boutique to look around. To be honest, I don't gravitate towards Bare Escentuals products but I cannot resist a good deal. Plus who doesn't like to go shopping and take a look around?! 

I noticed the brightly lit section of lip products. Glosses and lipsticks and all things I have a difficult time resisting. The display of bareMinerlas Pretty Amazing Lipcolor caught my eye. I immediately started swatching them and I became determined to find a unique color that I did not already have in my collection. Something different yet versatile but not over the top. I came across the color "Confidence" and I knew this was the color.


 

It is packaged similar to a lipgloss with a standard sponge tip applicator. I like the color indicator on the bottom which is helpful when it makes its way to the bottom of my purse. The shiny black color scheme, bold silver lettering and abstract pattern give it a modern, sleek feel.


I would describe the color as a mid-tone rose with mauve tones. It can be applied for a liquid lipstick look or sheered out for more of a gloss look without the stickiness. This is demonstrated in picture below. The formula is smooth, moisturizing and fairly long lasting.

This is definitely a different lip color for me. I tend to lean more towards light pinks and nudes with the occasional bright, out of the box color (when appropriate, of course!). I am happy that I decided to try something new and I am going to make an effort to reach for and wear "Confidence" more often. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment